Development Plan Division
In accordance with the restructuring of PLANMalaysia (Department of Town and Country Planning) in 2008, the Department was divided into eight (8) divisions namely Development Plan Division, National Physical Planning Division, Regional Planning Division, Research and Development Division, Legal and Regulatory Planning Division, National Land Use Information Division, Management Services Division and Corporate Division.
The Development Plan Division is divided into four (4) project offices and one (1) unit namely;
- Northern Zone Project Office;
- Central Zone Project Office;
- Southern Zone Project Office;
- Eastern Zone Project Office; and
- Project Coordination Unit.
The Northern Zone Project Office is located in Alor Setar, Kedah. The Southern Zone Project Office is located in Ayer Keroh, Melaka. The Eastern Zone Project Office is located in Kuala Terengganu while the Central Zone Project Office and Project Coordination Unit are located alongside other Divisions at PLANMalaysia’s headquarter in Putrajaya. With the completion of the organization restructuring, this Division was placed under the management of the Deputy Director-General (Planning).
The Development Plan Division is responsible for the preparation of the Structure Plan, Local Plan and Special Area Plan. This Division operate through four project offices namely: -
- Northern Zone Project Office to carry out studies in Kedah, Penang and Perlis.
- Central Zone Project Office to carry out studies in Selangor and Perak.
- Southern Zone Project Office to carry out studies in Negeri Sembilan, Melaka and Johor.
- Eastern Zone Project Office to carry out studies in Pahang, Terengganu and Kelantan.