Northern Zone Project Office
In accordance with the restructuring of the Department's organization in 2008, the Alor Setar Project Office was renamed as Northern Zone Project Office (PPZU). PPZU is placed under the management of the Deputy Director-General (Planning) and is responsible for preparing the Development Plan (Structure Plan, Local Plan and Special Area Plan) for the State of Perlis, Kedah and Penang.
- To prepare a Structure Plan for the State Authorities of Perlis, Kedah and Penang as a strategic guide on land use and development.
- To prepare a Local Plan for the areas within the Local Authorities of Perlis, Kedah and Penang as a guide for the implementation of policies and state structure plan strategies.
- To prepare a Special Area Plan for the State/Local Authorities of Perlis, Kedah and Penang to resolve issues that require immediate review.
- To prepare monitoring report and the development planning outcome assessment.
- To review the preparation manual for Special Area Plan/Special Action Plan.
- To provide reviews of the GIS sector reports at different stages of reports such as the initial report, analysis & development strategy report and the final draft for the development plan study.
- To formulate a list of programmes and to provide budget estimates of the Development Plan studies for Malaysia’s Five-Year Plan in the State of Perlis, Kedah and Penang;
- To provide advisory services for development studies carried out by other agencies in Perlis, Kedah and Penang.
FUNCTIONS OF UNIT:
- Development Plan Unit (URP 1 – 5): -
- To prepare a Structure Plan for the State Authority as a strategic guide on land use and development to enhance the development systematically and as environmental improvement measures;
- To prepare a Local Plan for the areas within the Local Authority as a guide for the implementation of policies and proposals in the Structure Plan;
- To prepare a Special Area Plan that involves the proposed development plans and the actions to undertake for issues that require immediate review;
- To plan and execute quality improvement programmes and development plan procedures improvement programmes in order to achieve higher quality outputs including the preparation of manuals and assessment programs; and
- To provide advisory services/expertise in development studies conducted by other agencies which are involved in the areas within the zone.
ii. Monitoring Unit: -
- To prepare monitoring reports and outcome assessments on the Structure Plan/Local Plan/Special Area Plan which have been gazetted.
iii. Information Coordination and Planning Unit: -
- To develop and update the planning information system for the zone through the preparation of development plans.
iv. Administration Unit: -
- To manage and process memos and mailing matters;
- To manage and record letters and memos into the correspondence register book for office records; and
- To manage and update file systems and records from time to time for the use of officers and office staff.